POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old music : Re: Old music Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old music
From: John VanSickle
Date: 21 Jul 2012 12:26:18
Message: <500ad82a$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/12/2012 1:14 AM, Warp wrote:
> John VanSickle<evi### [at] kosherhotmailcom>  wrote:
>> Every YouTube video for a song over 20 years old has at least one
>> comment along the lines of, "We had such awesome music back then, now
>> all we've got is Justin Bieber."
>
>    Why do people hate him?
>
>    Perhaps the best related comment I have seen was: "Freddie Mercury dressed
> as a housewife is manlier than JB."

For the same reason that lots of people have hated every over-promoted
mediocrity.  Many people perceive it as an attempt to mold their
thinking, which people resent when it takes an apparently overt form,
and for some it has grown into a simmering resentment, which results in
a knee-jerk display of hostility at any evidence that he ever existed.

The phenomenon is not limited to Justin Bieber or to popular
entertainment.  There are a lot of things whose mere mention (even here)
will provoke a rant of multiple paragraphs.

Regards,
John