POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hyperthreading : Re: Hyperthreading Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hyperthreading
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 20 Jul 2012 14:54:06
Message: <5009a94e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/07/2012 19:46, clipka nous fit lire :

> Quiz: If you had highly sensitive data on your hard drive, and needed to
> erase it for sure - would you rather trust this alleged fact, or have
> the erasing software write random numbers just in case?

If the data on drive was so sensitive, I would use chemistry first. Then
a bit of heavy hammer physic, and finally a good heat with partial
ionisation, at temperature far above the curie point.

Boiling HCl is probably enough, as a starter. (get ride of most iron &
steel). Wear a protective mask and operate under well vented condition.