POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hyperthreading : Re: Hyperthreading Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hyperthreading
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 20 Jul 2012 13:31:45
Message: <50099601$1@news.povray.org>
Le 20/07/2012 18:15, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
> On 20/07/2012 12:20 AM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 7/6/2012 10:36, clipka wrote:
>>> Better yet, overwrite it with pseudorandom nonsense.
>>
>> On modern hard disks, this is useless. And by "modern" I mean pretty
>> much anything that passed the 1GB boundary.
>
> Care to elaborate on that?

Old fact: reading a hard disk by direct access to the disk, with some
electronic beam device... fine until the density and encoding on the
disk went into modern era.

Nowadays (and since most 1GB hard drive... quite old), its not possible
anymore. Writing 0 or random number is the same: the old data is not
recoverable.