POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just ask Google : Re: Just ask Google Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just ask Google
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Jul 2012 15:09:11
Message: <50085b57@news.povray.org>
On a related note, back in grad school in the early 90's, I once spent 2 or
3 days tracking down a technical paper from 1985 that I needed to read. I
had the reference and everything, and I just had to find where it was in the
library.

The other day, I ran across someone mentioning "it makes error recovery in
distributed systems easier" and remembered this paper. All I remembered was
one author's name and the name of the programming language (NIL) in which it
was being tested.

It took me about 10 minutes to find the complete text through google search,
just by following through half a dozen references, tracking down the full
title that way, and then googling for the full title.

I thought that was pretty cool.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"