POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just ask Google : Re: Just ask Google Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just ask Google
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jul 2012 10:13:10
Message: <500572f6$1@news.povray.org>
>> OK, try this:
>>
>> - Finding a web hosting company is easy.
>
> "web hosting"

...or any of a dozen similar phrases, yes.

>> - Finding a web hosting company that allows you to run your own custom
>> CGI scripts is harder. I'm not even sure how to do that with Google.
>
> You need to think how you'd advertise that feature.
>
> "web hosting" "user-supplied CGI"

Perhaps "custom CGI" would work better, IDK. I generally find fewer
words generate more accurate hits.

>> - Finding a web hosting company that allows arbitrary CGI /binaries/ is
>> seemingly impossible.
>>

> for this one, it's easier to look for the actual httpd.conf commands
> that tell Apache to use your custom CGI binary.
>
> "web hosting" "option +execCGI" "addHandler"

I don't think I've come across a web host that lets you actually touch
the Apache configuration files. (And not all hosts even use Apache in
the first place, of course...)