POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just ask Google : Re: Just ask Google Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just ask Google
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 17 Jul 2012 10:01:25
Message: <50057035$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2012-07-17 04:03, Invisible a écrit :
> On 16/07/2012 03:41 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:50:12 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>>
>>> I literally can't think of any way to get Google to figure this out
>>> automatically.
>>
>> It's a good thing you aren't having a problem working it out
>> figuratively, then.
>>
>> But a generic example is difficult to help you with. Can you be specific
>> about what you're trying to find, and then someone maybe can help you
>> phrase it so it works?
>
> OK, try this:
>
> - Finding a web hosting company is easy.

"web hosting"

> - Finding a web hosting company that allows you to run your own custom
> CGI scripts is harder. I'm not even sure how to do that with Google.

You need to think how you'd advertise that feature.

"web hosting" "user-supplied CGI"

> - Finding a web hosting company that allows arbitrary CGI /binaries/ is
> seemingly impossible.

for this one, it's easier to look for the actual httpd.conf commands
that tell Apache to use your custom CGI binary.

"web hosting" "option +execCGI" "addHandler"

> (Apparently many people don't understand what a "CGI binary" is. They
> seem to think that CGI is how /scripts/ talk to a web server, and that
> CGI therefore /must/ be written in Perl or PHP or similar scripting
> languages.)

Well, it's been this way for 15 years now.