POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just ask Google : Re: Just ask Google Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just ask Google
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Jul 2012 04:03:00
Message: <50051c34$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/07/2012 03:41 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:50:12 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
>> I literally can't think of any way to get Google to figure this out
>> automatically.
>
> It's a good thing you aren't having a problem working it out
> figuratively, then.
>
> But a generic example is difficult to help you with.  Can you be specific
> about what you're trying to find, and then someone maybe can help you
> phrase it so it works?

OK, try this:

- Finding a web hosting company is easy.
- Finding a web hosting company that allows you to run your own custom
CGI scripts is harder. I'm not even sure how to do that with Google.
- Finding a web hosting company that allows arbitrary CGI /binaries/ is
seemingly impossible.

(Apparently many people don't understand what a "CGI binary" is. They
seem to think that CGI is how /scripts/ talk to a web server, and that
CGI therefore /must/ be written in Perl or PHP or similar scripting
languages.)