POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : mesh2: vertex_vectors and normal_vectors : Re: mesh2: vertex_vectors and normal_vectors Server Time
26 Jun 2024 12:39:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2: vertex_vectors and normal_vectors
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 17 Jul 2012 02:36:54
Message: <50050806$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17/07/2012 08:17, Ansgar a écrit :
>> *answer to question*:
>> > The real description of the association between vertices (to form
>> > triangle or smooth_triangle) themselves and between vertices and
>> > normales happens in face_indices{} and normal_indices{}
>> >
>> > See >
>> > http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.1#Mesh2_Object
>
> Well thanks for the answer, but I'm not sure what to make of this. Does it mean
> that I scan the entire list of normal_indices, and when a particular index of a
> vertex_vector never appears in it, it means that this particular vertex_vector
> has no normal_vector?

Nop.

face_indices{} lists, with order, all the triangles (true or smooth) of
the mesh.

normal_indices{} uses the same order as face_indices{} to described the
faked normal attached at a vertex for a triangle. When the number of
entries in normal_indices{} is smaller than the number of entries in
face_indices{}, the end of the list are just flat triangles without
faked normales.

face_indices{} references the vertex_vector{}
normal_indices{} reference the normal_vector{}

Triangle#23 in face_indices{} has the same position in normal_indices{}.