POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Other people dislike regexes too : Other people dislike regexes too Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Other people dislike regexes too
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Jul 2012 06:28:01
Message: <5003ecb1@news.povray.org>
I don't like regular expressions. Or rather, I don't like the mangled
ASCII pea-soup typically used to /represent/ regexes. I have nothing
against the formal /concept/ of a regular expression. I just dislike the
lack of separation between commands and arguments. (And the fact that it
looks like pea-soup!)

Apparently other people dislike them far more:

http://tinyurl.com/ydb4j9j

My best answer on Stack Overflow got about 12 votes. This one got FOUR
AND A HALF THOUSAND! o_O