POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Books for sale : Re: Books for sale Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Books for sale
From: Tim Cook
Date: 15 Jul 2012 19:34:06
Message: <5003536e$1@news.povray.org>
On 2012-07-15 15:01, Florian Pesth wrote:
> I'm mostly lurking around just from time to time here (new job and new
> city and all of that stuff)- so I just noticed your post. Are there still
> some of the books available?

There were a few that my sister picked out, but I think I updated the
link there to reflect that.  All are still available, though I'm about
to list the Maria-sama ga Miteru books on ebay.

(Side note:  Craigslist sucks for selling things)

> I think I'm interested in buying some of them
> - for sure the Asimov books and maybe some of the drawing books. I will
> try to check the list in more detail tommorrow - it is probably too
> expensive to ship them to germany for just two or three books, but maybe
> I find more than that.

Well, the books I've bought from Japan, shipping just about exactly
doubled the cost of the book from cover-price.  Which suggests books
tend to be priced by weight in the first place...

I don't know if flat-rate shipping works internationally, but the
largest box they have with 7 pounds weight max is $18 for shipping (way
cheaper than getting a normal sticker for it).

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com