POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A puzzling exchange : Re: A puzzling exchange Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A puzzling exchange
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 15 Jul 2012 17:13:15
Message: <5003326b$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/07/2012 04:50 PM, nemesis wrote:

> I find it ironic that a german guy is teaching me that an english word
> comes from french...

I get most of my English grammar tips from Warp. :-P

I imagine most English people think "Bah, I already know English. I
don't need to pay attention in English class." Whereas people who don't
speak English natively probably pay more attention. Or at least, that's
my theory.

Hmm, let's see... It has an accented letter in it. And pronunciation is
nothing like its spelling. Yeah, I'd hazard a guess it's French. :-P

PS. I still remember when I was on the train from Geneva to Sion. The
train stopped at a station who's name was a random collection of
consonants. The automated voice said "thees staysseeon ees...", followed
by a sound closely resembling somebody trying to cough their lungs up.
She then repeated the same sentence in [Swiss?] French. The name still
sounded like a nasty cough.