POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A puzzling exchange : Re: A puzzling exchange Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A puzzling exchange
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Jul 2012 15:18:40
Message: <50031790$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/14/2012 4:15 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 14/07/2012 8:20 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> and yes, Microsoft is the biggest monopoly ever.
>>
>> Yeah...
>
> A monopoly of what?

Yah man. The "invisible hand of the market" fixed them good. Its only
taken 20 years of crap software, undermined innovation, patent hell,
which will still screw us over for decades, if not centuries, and the
spread, with help from other companies, of laws that came damn close to
legalizing monopoly, by making any alternatives illegal. But good old
libertardism worked... lol

And, that is literally the truth. Had certain laws actually made it into
existence, and certain cases gone in their favor, instead of against,
they wouldn't be looking at console systems and phones as a "salvation"
for their business. We would still be stuck with them as the only source
for ***everything***, no matter what device, and everyone else kissing
their asses, just to get a foot in the door.