POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : objects order : Re: objects order Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: objects order
Date: 25 Jun 2002 02:50:48
Message: <4t3ghukgkepvm2dbe1v3nddetcjjtu8vnv@4ax.com>
On 24 Jun 2002 16:00:43 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> I have alsow some algorihms that will greatly improve speed of rendering
> when objId future is used. I can give full C code for that :) Will someone
> help me and translate this pseudo-codes for proper code to link-in to Pov-
> Ray core ?

Just send it here. But be carefull. You work with POV 6 years so You probably
know how old is this tool. Large community of programmers inspected sources.
There was many bugs reported and fixes or optimizations implemented.
Complexity increased with number of features. Be ready that not everything is
possible/reasonable :-) . For example I considered some time Clone object as
speed up for forests of CSGed trees. For my surprise simple implementation
slowed down a lot. I know why but I can't fix it without complete rewriting
object's transformation handling. I expect it will be possible in 4.0 but I'm
sure at least I'll try again with 3.5.

ABX