POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes : Re: New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes
From: Peter Popov
Date: 26 Jun 2000 17:02:54
Message: <4qgflso5ljv3shcr4nlq8bof0lnvb5pm0d@4ax.com>
On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:09:33 -0500, Mark Gordon <mtg### [at] mailbagcom>
wrote:

>Let me know if anyone has any other needs not met by this.

Hmm... I ssh into my blind Linux box and have a X server for Windows
with DISPLAY being export-ed upon logon accordingly. My brother and I
usually log on as root in order to use updatecvs to keep track of gcc
and avr-gcc updates and do other stuff not available to the mere user.

This setup requires that long renders are left in the background so
that they are unaffected when (not 'if') Windows crashes. Because of
this, I use the unix target and redirect the output to a file which is
then analyzed by a perl script available through CGI that converts the
partial output to jpg and sends it back along with the stats and
current progress reports.

My question is, will the new Unix addition work for me?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet