POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : well [49.7kb] : Re: well [49.7kb] Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: well [49.7kb]
From: Alessandro Morelli
Date: 26 Jul 2002 04:12:14
Message: <4i02kuo73ft93c697vjjfdjsle4hbeu24m@4ax.com>
On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:40:53 +0200, marabou <not### [at] availablenet> wrote:

>on disk i found a piece of a scene i made long time ago. it is a macro
>which makes a floor, a wall and a well. the well part of macro is buggy as
>everyone can see. that is because i have no solution for the question: on a
>defined stone and a nearly given radius how many complete stones can be
>positioned to fill a circle and how great is radius then? is there a
>formular i can use? for help i would be appreciated. for comments on the
>pic, too.

Hi,
I found an interesting article in the SIGGRAPH'90 proceedings which
might interest you ("A Method of Generating Stone Wall Patterns" by
Kazunori Miyata), which coupled to this ("Feature-Based Cellular
Texturing for Architectural Models" by Justin Legakis, Julie Dorsey
and Steven Gortler, SIGGRAPH'01) should let build the most complex
stone designs.

I hope it helps,
Alex

P.S.: If you want i'll e-mail you the articles in PDF form.