POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Diffuse albedo and radiosity : Re: Diffuse albedo and radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diffuse albedo and radiosity
From: clipka
Date: 8 Jul 2012 21:47:51
Message: <4ffa3847$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.07.2012 03:26, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> The sphere on the left uses diffuse 0.6.
> The sphere on the right uses diffuse albedo 0.6.
>
> Does this mean that when we're /not/ using radiosity, we should adjust the
> ambient accordingly?

Something strange is happening there.
Are you using radiosity in the scene?

I didn't think about it when I implemented the albedo for diffuse, but
it won't play nice with radiosity. Because radiosity actually doesn't
support brilliance, and always computes diffuse illumination from other
objects as if the surface had brilliance 1.0.