POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hyperthreading : Re: Hyperthreading Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hyperthreading
From: clipka
Date: 6 Jul 2012 12:40:30
Message: <4ff714fe$1@news.povray.org>
Am 06.07.2012 17:00, schrieb Invisible:
> On 06/07/2012 03:48 PM, clipka wrote:
>
>> How can the PGP task even be swapped in if it's swapped out and needs to
>> be swapped back in in order to decrypt itself from the swap file? >_<
>
> Either the swap file is unencrypted, or PGP is marked non-swappable.
> (Yes, you can do that.)

I'm reminded of a school colleague of mine, proud owner of a tape
streamer back in good old QIC-80 times, who had the smart idea to back
up the installation media of all his software on tape so that he could
get rid of that huge pile of diskettes collecting dust on his bookshelves.

That's /all/ his software, yes.