POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Into the assumed_gamma fray: the Android robot : Re: Into the assumed_gamma fray: the Android robot Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Into the assumed_gamma fray: the Android robot
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jul 2012 02:42:31
Message: <4ff142d7$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/29/2012 10:10 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Warp<war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:
>> On 06/29/2012 05:53 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>>>     - I used radiosity
>>
>> I think that's skewing the results.
>
> Sans radiosity attached.  Looks kind of flat.

I think the default ambient is now brighter by a power of 2.2, which is
why the shadows are so much brighter. You might want to adjust that as well.

(Perhaps the easiest way is to simply have ambient_light 0 in all the
cases. That way it has no effect on anything.)

The image will still not be identical, though, because the shading will
be different with a different assumed_gamma. However, the color ought to
look about the same at the brightest parts.