POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Early Earth: The Beginning : Early Earth: The Beginning Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Early Earth: The Beginning
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Jul 2012 03:56:48
Message: <4ff002c0@news.povray.org>
A revised version of my Early Earth from January. As then, isosurface
code from Ricky Douglas; stars from Cousin Ricky; textured fog from Sam
Benge.

A view of the early Earth in a young solar system during the early
Hadean, about 4.5 to 4.1 billion years ago, shortly after the accretion
of the planet (see e.g. http://palaeos.com/hadean/hadean.htm).

Also visible are a few of the ca 1000 sister stars, born in the same
cradle as our Sun. Over time, these stars have been smeared out over
the local arm of the Milky Way, but in the early days they were very
prominently visible in the sky. Studies have shown that the night sky
was probably brighter than during today's full moon.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'earlyearth - the beginning_02.png' (747 KB)

Preview of image 'earlyearth - the beginning_02.png'
earlyearth - the beginning_02.png