POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another Consequence of Military Service : Re: Another Consequence of Military Service Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Consequence of Military Service
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jun 2012 21:02:26
Message: <4fecfea2$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/25/2012 3:07, Warp wrote:
>> - Why do they fall downwards in screen space if there's a major failure?
>
> Care to give an example?

Any starship enterprise when it loses power and spirals out of orbit.

>> Then we usually have things like cloaking (rather difficult in a cold,
>> dark vacuum)
>
> What do you mean?

How do you get rid of your heat?

> (Besides, vacuum is not cold. It has no temperature because there's nothing
> to have any temperature.)

Not true. If you're at thermal equilibrium, then you're at the same heat as
the surroundings. If you're orbiting mercury, your thermal equilibrium will
be much higher than if you're orbiting pluto.

FWIW, I used to think vacuum has no temperature also. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"