POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a Prince fan ... : Re: Not a Prince fan ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a Prince fan ...
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 27 Jun 2012 16:34:39
Message: <4feb6e5f$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/06/2012 09:37 PM, Warp wrote:

>    If you like melodic guitar solos (rather than mindless shredding) you
> should try Satriani:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GfVbHLivXg
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0655gBAvRnA

Some talented guitar playing, certainly. Personally, it's not my thing.

Out of curiosity... how do you actually make a guitar sound like that? I
mean, when *I* try to play guitar, it sounds nothing like that. Almost
everybody can jam their fingers into the shape of a chord and scrub the
strings like a washboard, but playing a *melody* is another matter. I
can just about stumble through a few simple tunes, but it seems
impossibly difficult to keep all the strings muted...

>    And for something more impressive:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3JhKXJDTM

Would be more impressive if it didn't look mimed.