POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a Prince fan ... : Re: Not a Prince fan ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a Prince fan ...
From: James Holsenback
Date: 27 Jun 2012 11:52:29
Message: <4feb2c3d$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/26/2012 04:54 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:37:57 -0400, Warp wrote:
>
>>    If you like melodic guitar solos (rather than mindless shredding) you
>> should try Satriani:
>
> Absolutely agreed.

Concur ... LOL I've been in some pretty heated discussions about whose
the best, and in hind-sight I think it really boils down to the type of
music you like. There are a few artists that kind of cross those
boundaries, for instance Roy Clark ... I mean the dude can play the
banjo. I like the mandolin and dobro as well. I can't place the guys
name, but he plays with Alison Krauss ... both he and Clapton are pretty
good on the dobro. I think I favor the technician over the flash, but I
do enjoy the showmanship aspect too. Ron Wood certainly would not be
included (by some) on any top ten list, but on the Bridges of Babylon
DVD he had this camera mounted on the neck of his guitar ... was cool
looking down the fretboard and seeing a close-up of his finger work!

Jim