POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not a Prince fan ... : Re: Not a Prince fan ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a Prince fan ...
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 26 Jun 2012 15:37:53
Message: <4fea0f91$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/06/2012 12:59 AM, James Holsenback wrote:

> Holy crap ... Prince tears it up in his solo (near the end)

> Out-Freakin-Standing!

Yeah... I'm unimpressed. Maybe because the sound quality is so poor I
can barely *hear* any guitar... maybe I just don't like Prince. :-P

Personally, I found this more impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYabmM-uxdE

(Although it does go on a bit.) Similarly, maybe something like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N82TLB03Vk

for being moody rather than fast and furious.

At the other end of the spectrum, if you want "burning guitars", I defy
you to beat this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiTBccgJBCQ

(It's quite a long way in. Fast-forward to 3:45 if you're impatient.)
The first time I listened to this track, I wasn't completely paying
attention. By the end, I damned-well was!