POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quick n' random : Re: Quick n' random Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick n' random
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 25 Jun 2012 15:57:37
Message: <4fe8c2b1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:

> ...the new version has now been rendering for 1d, 5h and 50 minutes to
> reach 32%. I guess it came out a bit too heavy and won't pay off the
> extra load, but now I really DO want to see what will come out of this,
> so I'll let it run.

The original picture has 20 joints. Here's one with 10 joints from 3.6,
apparently it renders in under 9 minutes, even though 3.7 is taking it's
share of the CPU resources at the same time. Also 3.6 is now going in
33% after just 18 minutes. Even though the different versions seem to
render the scenes differently (3.6 in lines, 3.7 in pieces) and possibly
to calculate the percentages a bit differently (or hitting more load at
one time to be precise) due to this, it seems that this scene is way
harder for 3.7 to render. OTOH the visible part of the image seems to
say that 3.7 makes a lot better quality (mostly concerning the
sphere_sweep artefacts).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rsweep-lite.png' (68 KB)