POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A random video : Re: A random video Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A random video
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Jun 2012 14:55:09
Message: <4fe8b40d$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 01:39:26 -0400, Warp wrote:

>> My favourite explosion?  The cement mixer, naturally.  Wish the sound
>> had been captured better.
>
>   At one point the executives deliberately wanted them to make more
> explosions, so there was at least one explosion in every single episode.
> They have toned it down a bit lately, but it's still pretty common. I
> wish they stopped that (ie. artificially selecting "myths" that somehow
> involve explosions, no matter how indirectly and contrived). It gets old
> pretty quick.

I always enjoy seeing them take something that's big and creatively make
it into lots of smaller things.  I particularly liked the episodes with
the rocket sled, because that was far more creative than just "let's get
a bunch of anpho and make a big boom".

The ones that I haven't liked are ones like the recent "square wheels"
episode - like what the actual f-ing f?

>   Another thing I wish they'd do is for the side trio to stop freaking
> screaming all the time when anything happens. Just shut up, please.

I like seeing genuine enthusiasm.  Nothing wrong with people enjoying the
work they do.

Jim