POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CGI : Re: CGI Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGI
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jun 2012 02:52:30
Message: <4fe80aae$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/24/2012 2:20 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> The SDL user interface is radical in its own way too. With a visual
> modeller, it would be ridiculously difficult to position a sphere so
> that it exactly coincides with the end of a cylinder. With SDL, it's
> trivial.

Number one irritation that I have with the damn things. Wings 3D you can
bring up the "literal location", or what ever, find the real center, and
then move your other object to coincide, but it would still be better if
it combined that with the hierarchical system in say Moray, so you could
just "uncurve/mode/rotate" the damn thing, relative what you are trying
to position it against, and fix the problem.

Still, you can get a version of Wings, from here:

http://s331378245.onlinehome.us/

which includes a mess of stuff for everything from Greebling, to Carve
3D CSG functions (which appear to be buggy, as I reported, when you try
to CSG an object/surface, with a face, instead of where you cross "two"
faces (i.e., a side). No idea if they have figured out where the bug in
that is or not, but someone else made the code for the library, so...

But, this is the sort of thing that **should be** trivial, if the people
that made the application took any thought, at all, to the idea that
people might want to be at all precise about anything, instead of just
throwing it in, and hoping. lol

BTW though-- if they can find the bugs, Carve 3D would be a crazy
addition to Moray. ;)