POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sky : Re: Sky Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jun 2012 07:09:10
Message: <4fdc6956@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > If the sky is "blue", why do you see a yellow sun ?

>   The sun is not yellow. It's white.

  To elaborate: The color yellow is something like rgb <1, 1, 0>.
The color white is rgb <1, 1, 1>. If you take colors between those two,
at which point does the yellow change to white?

  The Sun does certainly not look like rgb <1, 1, 0>. If it did, then
every blue object would look black.

  The Sun might not emit a light that's exactly <1, 1, 1>, but it's pretty
damn close to it. Hence it's way whiter than yellow. Saying that the sun is
yellow is extremely misleading.

  Also the *apparent* color of the Sun is certainly white to our eyes
(because it's so damn bright).

--
                                                          - Warp