POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sky : Re: Sky Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky
From: clipka
Date: 16 Jun 2012 05:58:15
Message: <4fdc58b7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 16.06.2012 11:24, schrieb Ive:
> Am 15.06.2012 19:48, schrieb clipka:
>>>
>>> The sun is not yellow. It's white.
>>
>> That depends on the color space.
>>
>> In sRGB (whitepoint = D65 = ~6500K), the sun is a pale yellow.
>>
>> In Wide Gamut RGB (Whitepoint = D50 = ~5000K), the sun is actually a
>> pale blue.
>>
>> If you use a color space with the equal-energy point (E) as whitepoint,
>> the sun is even a pale green.
>
> This makes actually not much sense as all RGB-color-spaces are device
> dependent. So when you use e.g. WideGamut RGB or Adobe RGB as a
> *viewing* color space with a sRGB device you are obviously doing
> something very wrong.

You should know better (or I'm misunderstanding you).

sRGB is not a device-dependent color space.
WideGamut RGB is not a device-dependent color space.
Adobe RGB is not a device-dependent color space.

My EIZO S2402W's color space is device-dependent, yes.

The panel of an individual EIZO CG245W has its own device-dependent
color space, but the EIZO CG245W as a finished product can be calibrated
to various different standard or non-standard color profiles (with some
limitations imposed by the panel's gamut of course).

There are device-dependent color spaces, and there are
device-independent color spaces. The standard color spaces are,
obviously, device-independent.

But I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new.