POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The mystery of caffeine : Re: The mystery of caffeine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The mystery of caffeine
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Jun 2012 02:35:19
Message: <4fdc2927$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/06/2012 12:27 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:41:25 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>

>> What’s a headache?
>
> Oh, I think you know what a headache is.

Not from personal experience.

> Read a bunch of posts that
> could be answered with "GIYF" and then find a brick wall to bang your
> head against.
>
> That'll surely cause one. ;)

I would say that that would give you a sore head as opposed to the
headaches that I have read about. I seem to remember that I did have one
when I was a child but that is a memory of a memory, now. Very
occasionally, once every couple of years, I get an ice pick headache
which lasts less than a second. I don’t think that really counts though
as they don’t last long enough to have any debilitating effect.
Incidentally, I don’t get hangovers, either. And it is not that I don’t
drink ;-)

> Yeah, some people do not react the same way - which is why with nutrition
> guidelines, a lot of them make no sense at all, because different people
> react differently to things.

If you don't like the guidelines just wait a couple of years and they
are bound to change. :-)

> Which is why I laugh when I see a new report that says, for example, that
> "high fat diets might just be good for you" - they always miss the "in
> moderation" part.

My motto is moderation in everything including moderation.

--
Regards
     Stephen