POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sky : Re: Sky Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Jun 2012 22:59:04
Message: <4fdbf678@news.povray.org>
On 6/15/2012 8:14 AM, Warp wrote:
> Le_Forgeron<jgr### [at] freefr>  wrote:
>> If the sky is "blue", why do you see a yellow sun ?
>
>    The sun is not yellow. It's white.

Umm. Actually, this page says, if it was a "blackbody", it would be
closest to, "It looks peach pinkish, not yellow, doesn't it?"

http://casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/colour/Tspectrum.html

So, still not "yellow", but damn sure not "white".

But, still a damn site more confusing than any exist "chart" I have ever
seen, with respect to star colors. In general, once it scatters in the
atmosphere, the light we get ends up closer to what we would call white,
with a pale bluish tint, hence the bluish tint on some of the newer,
"closer to real", light bulbs.