POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The mystery of caffeine : Re: The mystery of caffeine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The mystery of caffeine
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Jun 2012 19:27:24
Message: <4fdbc4dc$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:41:25 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 15/06/2012 3:11 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:11:23 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>>
>>> Question: Has ANYBODY ever actually experienced any of these effects?
>>
>> Yes.  If I drink caffeinated beverages for a few days and then don't, I
>> get a really nasty headache.
>>

> What’s a headache?

Oh, I think you know what a headache is.  Read a bunch of posts that
could be answered with "GIYF" and then find a brick wall to bang your
head against.

That'll surely cause one. ;)

> Like Andrew, I have never suffered withdrawal symptoms from caffeine.
> Nor have I had a caffeine rush. I do like a coffee with sugar first
> thing in the morning to “get me going” but no cravings if there is none.

Yeah, some people do not react the same way - which is why with nutrition
guidelines, a lot of them make no sense at all, because different people
react differently to things.

Which is why I laugh when I see a new report that says, for example, that
"high fat diets might just be good for you" - they always miss the "in
moderation" part.

Jim