POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sky : Re: Sky Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Jun 2012 12:20:03
Message: <4fdb60b3@news.povray.org>
Le 15/06/2012 17:14, Warp nous fit lire :
>   The sun is not yellow. It's white.

Well, Superman said it's a yellow star it get its powers from. Who are
we to challenge him ?

Astronomically, the sun is in the yellow star category (strictly, it's a
yellow dwarf, G2V). A white dwarf is far more 'hot' (but they cool down
with time).

But I will concede that the sun is rather a white one in that yellow
category, and the yellow we see is due to Rayleigh scattering (which is
also the cause of daylight blue sky and other colours at dawn...)