POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The mystery of caffeine : The mystery of caffeine Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  The mystery of caffeine
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jun 2012 08:11:24
Message: <4fdb266c@news.povray.org>
According to popular legend, caffeine is a powerful stimulant with
increases alertness, decreases reaction time, improves memory and
cognition, and decreases fatigue. It's also addictive, and if you stop
taking it, you develop crippling withdrawal symptoms such as headaches,
muscle soreness, joint pains and fatigue.

Question: Has ANYBODY ever actually experienced any of these effects?
Either from taking the drug or stopping it? Because *I* certainly haven't.

At various times in my life, there have been times when I'm drinking
several cups of strong tea every day, and there have been times when I
go for months without drinking any tea at all. I have never noticed any
measurable difference.

According to Wikipedia, the effects of caffeine are strong enough that
if you take enough of it, you can actually /die/ from it. (Although,
obviously, not from any quantity that you'll ever find in tea or
coffee.) So apparently the drug does do /something/. But I've yet to
experience any measurable effect.

Is it just me?

(Similarly, several people seem to think that eating large quantities of
sugar results in a "sugar rush", which I have also yet to experience.
Alternatively, maybe I live in a /permanent/ sugar rush, I don't know...)