POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Animation : simulating sunset and day/night transition : Re: Animation : simulating sunset and day/night transition Server Time
26 Jun 2024 10:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation : simulating sunset and day/night transition
From: clipka
Date: 14 Jun 2012 18:11:12
Message: <4fda6180@news.povray.org>
Am 14.06.2012 23:25, schrieb rodv92:
> Hello, i would like to know how to make this day/sunset/night transition.
>
> So far, the obvious i should manage to do :
>
> sun light source going below the ground plane
> sky sphere dimming (with rgb color factor decreasing ?)
> sky sphere superposition of a night sky coming in
>
> The question is that i cannot get the intrinsic luminosity of the scene to dim
> very much

You probably want to adjust ambient_light; or, better yet, use radiosity
instead.

Also note that for the sunset, you may also want to dim the sun light
source and give it a more redish tint. The sky sphere, too, should go
through some more or less dramatic color changes.

> I see that black fog seems to be the way to go.
>
> Is it ? Cause i would not like to see objects in far distance to disappear
> completely (they should remain visible, they have dim emission + dim light
> sources attached to them)

No, black fog is not what you want. It would give you a totally
different effect.