POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Adolescent’s_delight : Re: Adolescent’s_delight Server Time
5 May 2024 10:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adolescent’s_delight
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Jun 2012 05:25:34
Message: <4fd5b98e@news.povray.org>
On 11/06/2012 2:30 AM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Alain wrote:
>
>> Normaly, those transparency are at least somewhat dependent on the
>> vewing angle. The light's incidence angle also have an effect.
>
> Other things that could have an effect
>
> - curvature of fabric
> - stretching / acceleration of fabrik
> - distance from skin
> - ...

I agree with your points.
But I am just playing around just now and for simplicity will only
consider the curvature of the fabric.

> all not so easy to get as pattern, but if the pattern were not
> random but related to the movement the effect would probably
> look more natural.

That would be changing the criteria. :-)
I will keep the randomness but try to make the transparency somewhat
dependant on the viewing angle. My first thoughts are nested texture
maps with the transparent lower ones using the aoi feature.
My tests with just aoi gave a too course pattern.

Thanks to both you and Alain.

--
Regards
     Stephen