POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password. : Re: If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password.
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 9 Jun 2012 14:43:00
Message: <4fd39934$1@news.povray.org>
>> That's a great story. Pity I don't know anybody like that...
>
> You don't know that.
>
> Just with the 4 contacts I have in the UK (with a quick filter - and I
> know there are more in the UK who for some reason aren't showing up as
> being there - ah, because there is a city filter as well), you're a step
> away from knowing one of the product release managers at Applied Card
> Technologies, someone who works at T-Systems, and the owner and CEO of
> b2lateral (which is a training/consultancy).
>
> I also know someone who's the systems engineering team leader at City
> College in Brighton, people who work at both Cambridge and Oxford
> universities (including a research professor who's not on LinkedIn - he's
> worked very hard to keep a very small online footprint).

That's impressive and everything, but... why would any of these people
give a damn about me? I'm nobody.

(I'm also not sure what you mean by "one step away"...)

> Spend some time looking at the companies represented in your broader
> network and see what looks like it might be moderately interesting.
>
> Then see what positions those companies have posted on LinkedIn, and if
> you find something that looks interesting, ask the person you know there
> to introduce you to the person they know ho works there.

It's literally news to me that LinkedIn lets you do this. I didn't
realise it /had/ jobs listings, or company data, or anything remotely
like that...