POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Coding in the mainstream : Re: Coding in the mainstream Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coding in the mainstream
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Jun 2012 11:49:42
Message: <4fd21f16$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/2012 11:06 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Building the GUI was a somewhat frustrating exercise. The UI painter
> makes it easy enough to draw what you want. Except that the UI painter
> uses the "Windows" look and feel, while the generated code defaults to
> the "Nimbus" look and feel, and AFAIK there is /no way/ to change this.

I forgot to even mention: By default, nothing is resizable. As in, when
you resize the window, the bottom-most pane inherits all the additional
space. And there's no way to make the other regions larger.

To fix this, you have to use a "splitter". And the way it works is
pretty retarded. (In particular, you cannot have, say, a 3-way split.
You can only have nested 2-way splits. Presumably because that made the
library author's job easier. :-P ) It took me ages to get it to actually
work right!

And I still don't know why the text field at the top insists it should
have space for /4 lines/ of text, even if you haven't typed that much
text in. It's very irritating...