POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password. : Re: If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password.
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 7 Jun 2012 14:50:10
Message: <4fd0f7e2$1@news.povray.org>
>> Either this stuff is /extremely/ well hidden, or they've changed the
>> site design since I last logged in 3 years ago (or whenever it was).
>
> Of course, such a dynamic website would never ever be updated. m-/

I've seen websites which are dynamic and ever-changing. Linked-In
appears to change at roughly the speed of plate tectonics. I suppose in
three entire /years/ they might have made visible changes though.

>>> Building a career isn't a passive activity.  It requires some effort.
>>
>> Sure. But as I say, Linked-In doesn't appear to allow you to /do/
>> anything. Consequently, I haven't done anything.
>
> Invalid assumption (that it doesn't appear to allow you to do anything)
> because you HAVEN'T LOOKED AT IT IN 3 YEARS.

I didn't expect something as stagnant and unchanging as Linked-In to
actually, you know, change. I will admit that expectations do not always
match reality...

>>> But listed in order of activity?  No, that's not really the case
>>> AFAICS.
>>
>> OK. That's how most search sites of this type work.
>
> On what factual basis do you make this claim?

OK, I rephrase: Every website I've ever used which allows you to search
for human beings seems works in this way. No, I haven't tried every such
site in existence. But I've tried a fair few of them. Hence the claim
that "most" such sites tend to work this way.

>> But I haven't
>> actually checked. (Searching for other people isn't something I need to
>> do, so I haven't tried. I'm not even sure if it's an option for people
>> who aren't registered recruiters...)
>
> Yes, there is.  How do you expect to find and connect to people you know?

Oh, I'm sure you can search by name. Recruiters won't be searching for
you by name though, will they? ;-)