POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password. : Re: If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Jun 2012 11:15:14
Message: <4fd0c582$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 08:56:40 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> It has not really helped me looking for a job. But someone I worked
>>> with last year said that it is the up and coming thing for job
>>> searching. I can see it being a more dominant site as recruiters use
>>> it more.
>>
>> Yeah, that's the other thing, having good data in it, it's being used
>> more and more by recruiters to find candidates.
>
> Thing is, people were saying 10 years ago that it was a great resource
> for getting hired, and today, 10 years later, that still doesn't seem to
> be the case.

It's not a passive thing - you don't put your CV info up there and then
just sit back and wait.

So, what active things have you done?

>> The funny thing is that while I had full-time employment, I would
>> regularly get calls and requests from recruiters.
>>
>> Now that I'm working for myself, that's dried up.
>
> More like "if you don't access it at least twice per day, you disappear
> off the bottom of the search results".

Not at all.  I access LinkedIn quite regularly, and am a member of a
number of groups related to the fields I'm interested in - and I
occasionally participate in discussions in those groups.

Jim