POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password. : Re: If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you use Linkedin, you should probably change your password.
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Jun 2012 03:56:40
Message: <4fd05eb8$1@news.povray.org>
>>> It's helped me in my job search; the leads unfortunately didn't result
>>> in a full-time job, but yes, it's helpful.
>>>
>> It has not really helped me looking for a job. But someone I worked with
>> last year said that it is the up and coming thing for job searching. I
>> can see it being a more dominant site as recruiters use it more.
>
> Yeah, that's the other thing, having good data in it, it's being used
> more and more by recruiters to find candidates.

Thing is, people were saying 10 years ago that it was a great resource
for getting hired, and today, 10 years later, that still doesn't seem to
be the case.

I rather suspect it's only useful for /certain kinds/ of hires. That
certain kind presumably excludes me.

> The funny thing is that while I had full-time employment, I would
> regularly get calls and requests from recruiters.
>
> Now that I'm working for myself, that's dried up.

More like "if you don't access it at least twice per day, you disappear
off the bottom of the search results".