POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Impossible photograph : Re: Impossible photograph Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impossible photograph
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 4 Jun 2012 08:44:48
Message: <4fccadc0$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/06/2012 01:25 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

> What you meant to ask was "how do you shoot a complete spherical view
> without seeing the tripod? Then the answer is two fold:
> - there are tripods that allow you to also rotate the camera to point
> straight up or straight down.

Sure. But then you'd still see the legs.

> - the photographer can take multiple shots with the camera legs in
> different spots and then overlay those shots to take out the camera legs

Given that the whole point of the tripod in the first place is to solve
the problem of holding the camera perfectly stationary in space while
you shoot different angles, moving the tripod would seem to completely
defeat that objective.

> - The photographer used the clone stamp tool to "erase" the tripod legs.

...which leaves this as the only sensible option. Of course, I've yet to
discover a way of using the clone tool in a way that doesn't scream
"this image has been cloned"...