POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Impossible photograph : Re: Impossible photograph Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impossible photograph
From: Warp
Date: 1 Jun 2012 10:28:35
Message: <4fc8d193@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> This looks shopped.

  That word is almost meaningless because everybody uses it with a different
meaning.

  If it's a composite of several images, I would definitely categorize it
differently than something that has outright image manipulation. A composite
contains solely original image information which has not been manipulated;
it's just that different images have been stiched together (and possibly
blended) in order to form a contiguous whole.

  Of course if the original images were not in that fisheye perspective
shape but in a more regular perspective and were then distorted in
post-production to get that image, then it becomes a case of being
slightly heavier image manipulation than a mere composite. However, even
in this case I wouldn't classify it as outright fakery (which is what
"photoshopped" usually means).

>  I can tell by the pixels

  Please elaborate.

--