POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sailing on the Yann (wip) : Re: Sailing on the Yann - dhow building Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sailing on the Yann - dhow building
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Jun 2012 04:14:35
Message: <4fc879eb@news.povray.org>
Well, I am rather satisfied with the first approximation of a dhow hull
built in DELFTship. Now I need to explore the more arcane possibilities
of the program...

Workflow (till now):
1) draw outlines of the ship (side view, top view);
2) draw timber profiles at regular locations along the hull;
3) measure xyz coordinate control points along each timber and put them
in a timber-plan spreadsheet;
4) in DELFTship, import the timber-plan spreadsheet and let the program
calculate the hull.

ToDo:
5) smooth the hull and correct outlines; add creases where necessary;
6) export the hull as OBJ object and import in modeller for further
shipbuilding.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: