POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly. : Re: 1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly.
From: scott
Date: 30 May 2012 07:01:59
Message: <4fc5fe27$1@news.povray.org>
>> Try playing the same song (or your tick recording) on several different
>> devices at the same time, you'll find they likely drift apart noticeably
>> after only a minute or two.
>
> And here I was thinking that even cheap quartz oscillators are quite
> accurate...

Even cheap quartz oscillators are too expensive to just throw at a
device like a tablet.  The audio clock is likely derived from elsewhere
with whatever divide-down ratio was cheapest to implement (the frequency
will likely not even be designed to be spot on 44100 if the numbers
don't work out nicely).