POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Privacy Myth : Re: Privacy Myth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Privacy Myth
From: John VanSickle
Date: 29 May 2012 21:25:33
Message: <4fc5770d$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/23/2012 3:08 AM, Invisible wrote:
> On 23/05/2012 02:33 AM, Kevin Wampler wrote:
>
>> I'm sort of waiting for a company to get sued for exactly this reason.
>
> Because that, apparently, is how the law works. The result of one court
> case determines what the law is, and until that court case happens, the
> law is undefined.
>
> And here I was thinking that the law-makers define the law...

They do.  And some people have learned that you don't worry about a law
until you see whether and how it will be enforced.

And of course some people in authority (like HR folks and high school
principals) have a hard time anticipating that something they regard as
a grand idea may in fact be entirely contrary to the law.

Regards,
John