POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Privacy Myth : Re: Privacy Myth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Privacy Myth
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 May 2012 13:28:41
Message: <4fc50749$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 29 May 2012 08:24:41 -0400, Francois Labreque wrote:

> In my province, a child has to be in a car seat until he or she is 63cm
> (25in) from the seat to the top of the head, so she could still be fined
> for having an unrestrained kid in the car.

It's not like she can take the kid out and place it in a child safety
seat.

> Also, she still can't use the car pool lane has you have to have two (in
> some cases three) people of driving age to be able to use it.  The goal
> is to reduce the number of cars on the roads.  An infant can't drive a
> car by herself, therefore her mom does not qualify to use the carpool
> lane, as the baby's presence has no bearing on the number of cars used
> by that family.

Yes, and that is something that IMHO makes sense.  But if the law doesn't
specify that, then generally the cops aren't going to pull someone over
(especially as most cops really dislike having to do paperwork) unless
the situation is particularly egregious.

Seeing one person in the car would be such a situation for a cop on
enforcement duty for a HOV lane.

Jim