POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly. : Re: 1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly.
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 29 May 2012 12:38:36
Message: <4fc4fb8c$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/05/2012 05:19 PM, Stephen wrote:
> It looks
> like I will have to revert to the old fashioned method of adjust, let it
> run for a day and repeat until I get fed up.
> Could do better if it tried. :-(

You could try using the atomic emission spectrum of caesium-133 to
adjust the frequency of the quartz oscillator...

For reference, the frequency of photon generated by the transition
between the two hyper-fine ground states of a caesium-133 atom is
*defined as* 9,192,631,770 Hz. As in, that's the current SI definition
of what one second *is*.