POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly. : 1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:18 EDT (-0400)
  1 GHz CPU and it still cannot time things properly.
From: Stephen
Date: 29 May 2012 12:19:27
Message: <4fc4f70f$1@news.povray.org>
I found an old wind up watch that I had not used in years. I got it
serviced but it was running slow so I adjusted it. It went from running
150 seconds a day slow to running 21 seconds fast. Not too bad for the
first attempt, I thought.
Now that I know that the adjustment lever has the range, I will be
scientific. So I recorded the tick on my tablet (1 GHz CPU) and analysed
it. I also recorded a quartz watch as a reference. Damned if the wave
form was > 0.6% out. That is nearly 9 minutes out in a day. It looks
like I will have to revert to the old fashioned method of adjust, let it
run for a day and repeat until I get fed up.
Could do better if it tried. :-(

--
Regards
     Stephen