POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : NCIS : Re: NCIS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NCIS
From: Warp
Date: 23 May 2012 10:08:56
Message: <4fbcef78@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] kosherhotmailcom> wrote:
> The silly one I saw was when a computer in the lab was being hacked.
> You could tell because windows kept opening up rapidly, JUST LIKE IN
> REAL LIFE!!!111!!1!1!!!  The Geek and the Lab Goth were both typing on
> the same keyboard trying to stop this.  (In a rare fit of accuracy, this
> did not work.)  The attack stopped when the Boss pulled the power cord
> on the machine.  (I would have pulled the network cable.)

  In fact, pulling the plug may make things worse. If the hacking is done
to a server, then pulling the plug from a terminal isn't going to help
anything (it's unlikely that the server would be plugged in to a wall
socket right there in the lab). The only thing it achieves is to stop
the people using the terminal from trying to stop the hacking, until
the terminal is booted up again.

--
                                                          - Warp