POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Privacy Myth : Re: Privacy Myth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Privacy Myth
From: John VanSickle
Date: 22 May 2012 20:26:52
Message: <4fbc2ecc@news.povray.org>
On 4/1/2012 7:42 AM, James Holsenback wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745
>
> http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/12/31/statement-president-hr-1540
>

> http://www.fastcompany.com/1826121/employers-want-your-facebook-password-now
>

> Boy the more I read stories like this, the more I'm convinced that
> privacy and personal freedom is a thing of the past. Governments and now
> employers seem to be marching lock step, and arm in arm all over things
> that up until /were/ deemed scared. Why don't they just go ahead and
> implant a chip in our necks and be done with it :-(

When I sign up for an on-line service, many of them specifically require
that I keep my password confidential from all other parties.  This user
agreement is a binding contract.

I am wondering whether any jurisdictions permit an employer to require
an applicant to breach a contract as a condition of employment.  That is
probably illegal in many places.

Regards,
John